Your donation will increase Dyslexia awareness, internationally. The reading crisis affecting children and adults are in need of critical funds. By donating you will help in:
- Training Educators
- Information and Support
Give a Gift to the International Dyslexia Association
Research has shown that the reading curriculum developed for children with dyslexia, works best for all beginner readers.
The, Structured Literacy, approach is highly structured, recursive, cumulative, and phonics-based. It combines written words with the other senses to enhance memory and learning of the written language.
In most American classrooms, our children under-perform because, reading isn’t taught correctly. IDA is working to improve reading instruction in three ways:
- We are accrediting universities and preparing teachers that are bringing Structured Literacy into their classrooms.
- We are building a certification exam to accredit these teachers.
- We are preparing a campaign to educate schools about research on reading instruction, how best practices improve reading scores for all children and provide students with dyslexia with teachers, that they need.
It only costs a few hundred dollars to train a teacher in Structured Literacy. A single teacher, over their career, can change hundreds, even thousands of students’ lives.
Types of Gifts to IDA
- General Gifts
- Memorial Gifts
- Celebratory Gifts
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Planned Giving
- The IDA Hall of Honor
- Vehicle Donation
Vehicle Donation Please contact CSA, toll free # 1-800-610-0071 and reference “The International Dyslexia Association” as the affiliated charity, for net proceeds to be donated. CSA will need the following information and paperwork:
- Car Title, “must be free and clear of all liens”, and must be available when the vehicle is scheduled for pick up
- Current address (provide both physical and mailing addresses, if they are different)
- VIN#, and current mileage
How We Are Funded: IDA receives no government funding. We are funded with private donations, membership dues, foundation grants, sales of publications, conference revenue and other development efforts. To discuss your giving options please contact: Sonja Banks, Chief Executive Officer, The International Dyslexia Association 40 York Rd., 4th Floor Baltimore, MD 21204 410-561-6409 (phone) 410-321-5069 (fax) SBanks@DyslexiaIDA.org
The International Dyslexia Association is a 501(c)(3) IDA’s federal tax ID number is 52-0953609.