In this fast-paced world, it can be challenging to stay abreast of the latest news and research. What’s true? What’s not? What sources are reliable? Who is just trying to sell the latest fad? To keep you in the loop, we vet and share a handful of our favorite links in each issue of the Examiner. Enjoy!
- Fantastic little video—“What is Dyslexia?”—from Gillis and Understood explains why reading is difficult for children with dyslexia and how to help.
- IDA has released a new fact sheet about Applying for Accommodations on College Entrance Tests.
- Two links summarize implications of recent Supreme Court ruling: One from WrightsLaw; one from The Atlantic.
- Apply for a scholarship to attend IDA’s Annual Conference this Fall here.
- Report from National Center for Special Education Research summarizes NCSER’s investment in reading research and findings.
Do you have a link you would like us to consider? Send us an email with your link to the attention of Examiner Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Copyright © 2016 International Dyslexia Association (IDA). We encourage sharing of Examiner articles. If portions are cited, please make appropriate reference. Articles may not be reprinted for the purpose of resale. Permission to republish this article is available from email@example.com.