- This event has passed.
2020 CESD Dyslexia Conference
October 12, 2020 - October 13, 2020$380
The focus of CESD’s 19th Annual Fall Dyslexia Conference will be on the unique dynamics and concerns raised by the pandemic.
The Virtual Dyslexia Conference will give attendees access to all the recorded sessions (rather than having to pick and choose), enabling the attendee to watch as many sessions as you’d like, as many times as you’d like during a three-week conference window that begins on the first day of the conference. Attendees can access conference sessions from their Mac/PC, tablet or smartphone.
CESD Dyslexia Conference Agenda
- Empowering Parents with Skills & Confidence to Help their Students with Dyslexia—Nancy Disterlic, Dyslexia Consultant, ESC X.
- Distance Learning & Standard Protocol Dyslexia Instruction (SPDI)—Marcy Eisinger, Assistant Director, Dyslexia, Garland ISD.
- Dyslexia, School Closure & Compensatory Education—Jose Martin, Attorney at Law, Richards Lindsay & Martin, LLP
- A Legal Stroll Through the Texas Dyslexia Handbook— David Richards , Attorney at Law, Richards Lindsay & Martín, LLP.
Dyslexia Live Q&A (30 minutes each day)
Breakout Sessions (60 minutes each)
- Dyslexia Services: Beyond a Structured Literacy Program—Nancy Disterlic, Dyslexia Consultant, ESC X.
- Understanding Morphology: What is it and Why Does it Matter?—Jan Cook, Dyslexia Specialist, ESC IV.
- Mental Health Concerns for Students Returning to School—Daniel Terrazas, Director of Special Programs, Marion ISD.
- Working Productively with an Advocate—Dena Crook, Senior Lecturer, Texas State University and Krystie Griffin, Intervention Coordinator, Lake Travis ISD.
- What Two Parents of Students with Dyslexia Would Like You to Know—Nicole & Eli Erickson.
- The ADA, High School & What Comes Next for the Student with Dyslexia—David Richards, Attorney at Law, Richards Lindsay & Martín, LLP.
- Tech Tools for Dyslexia & ADHD: The Remote Version—Nancy Watson, Digital Learning Consultant, ESC X.
- Dysgraphia 2.0: What Have We Learned?—Janeia Vorderkunz, Education Specialist, ESC XII & Traci Newman, Education Specialist, ESC XII.
- SE 504 and the Student with Dyslexia—Shannon Naber, Vice President of Product, SuccessEd & David Richards, Attorney at Law, Richards Lindsay & Martín, LLP.
Registration Options & Rates
For each of the Main Conferences, registration is $380 per person.
For each optional PreConference, registration by the deadline is $170 per event.