- This event has passed.
Conquering Dyslexia: A Conversation with Dr. Jan Hasbrouck, Sponsored by Read Naturally
October 14, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pmFree
Free Webinar Offered with a Focus on Dyslexia (October 14 at 11am Central)
This Dyslexia Awareness Month, join literacy expert Dr. Jan Hasbrouck as she sits down with Read Naturally’s research director, Cory Stai, for a review of critical understandings of this complex disorder towards the goal of supporting every student with dyslexia to reach his or her full potential.
Wednesday, Oct 14, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM CST
A recording will be made available to all who register for this event.
- What is dyslexia (and what is it not)?
- What are the signs that indicate possible dyslexia, and how is it diagnosed?
- What do educators need to be sure to teach well, and how should instruction and intervention teach those skills?
We’ll also provide an introduction to two new resources for further learning:
- Dr. Hasbrouck’s new book, “Conquering Dyslexia: A Guide to Early Detection and Prevention for Teachers and Families“
- Read Naturally’s new white paper, “Dyslexia and Read Naturally“
Presenter: Jan Hasbrouck, Ph.D., is a leading researcher, educational consultant, and author who works with schools in the U.S. and internationally. Dr. Hasbrouck worked as a reading specialist and coach for 15 years and later became a professor. She is the author and co-author of several books, and her research in reading fluency, academic assessment and interventions, and instructional coaching has been widely published. She continues to collaborate with researchers on projects related to assessment and intervention, and when schools are open, enjoys volunteering at her grandson’s K-8 school in Seattle.
This FREE 75-minute webinar is appropriate for:
- Professional Educators and Administrators PreK-12, Reading and Dyslexia Specialists, Literacy Coaches, and School Psychologists
About Read Naturally: Since 1989, Read Naturally’s highly-effective, evidence-based reading interventions have helped millions of students become fluent readers and make solid gains in comprehension, vocabulary, and phonics. Trusted by educators and loved by students across the country, our flagship program, Read Live, utilizes the powerful Read Naturally Strategy to accelerate the achievement of striving readers.