- What is the Center for Effective Reading Instruction (CERI)’s relationship with the International Dyslexia Association (IDA)?
CERI is the subsidiary of IDA. CERI is not a department within IDA, but a wholly separate entity. CERI is responsible for the distribution and management of Structured Literacy Certification.
2. How does my IDA membership impact my CERI certification?
Your membership with the International Dyslexia Association does not impact your certification through the Center for Effective Reading Instruction. Although CERI is a subsidiary of IDA, certification and membership are not linked.
3. Who do I contact if I have a question about IDA membership or CERI certification?
If you have a question about your IDA membership, please contact the IDA home office by phone at (410) 296-0232 or email at Member@DyslexiaIDA.org. For questions regarding CERI certification, please contact the CERI office by phone at (410) 561-6404 or email at Info@EffectiveReading.org.
4. I can’t find my name on the IDA Provider Directory, what should I do?
You must activate your profile to be displayed on the CERI Certified Professionals Directory. Visit http://bit.ly/ceridirect to get the password to your profile.
5. How do I get verified on the CERI Certified Provider Directory?
Once you have activated your profile, upload your CERI/IDA certificate. Only the CERI/IDA Certificate upload is valid for verification. Once your upload is reviewed by CERI, your directory listing will be upgraded to “verified”.