What is RTI and how is it different from MTTS? What is the role of a classroom teacher? A specialist? An administrator? Those who prepare teachers and school leaders? How do I know if the model is working? What is the difference among the tiers? How do I know if an intervention is effective?
Click here to listen to a a recording of an interactive symposium, presented at the 66th IDA Annual Reading, Literacy & Learning Conference in October 2015, that answers these questions about RTI, MTSS, and more. Listen as nationally renowned researchers, teachers, and administrators discuss research, resources, tools, and practical implementation tips to improve student outcomes through multi-tier instruction.
- Introduction & Overview of Session – Click here for slides
- Marty Hougan, Ph.D.
- Beyond What Works in RTI: When Research Meets Reality – Click here for slides
- Deborah Simmons
- Using Data to Design Intensive Internation – Click here for slides
- Rebecca Zumeta Edmonds
- RTI Tools and Resources for Elementary and Secondary School
- Pam Bell
- For more information, visit The Building RTI Capacity for Implementation: buildingrti.utexas.org
- Implementation of an Effective MTSS Framework – Click here for slides
- Abigail Foley, Matthew Kirchmann,
- Yassmin Lee and Andrew Zachry
- Julie Nixon
- RTI Forms
- Best Practices to Prepare Teachers and Leaders for Inclusive Schools – Click here for slides
- Mary Brownell, Tessie Rose Bailey, David Chard, and Steve Goodman