IDA recognizes the high quality of the certification work performed by ALTA, AOGPE, IMSLEC, NILD, Wilson and the Yoshimoto OG Association. Therefore, IDA offers professionals holding certifications from these organizations a one-time offer to be automatically certified by providing proof of their existing credentials and payment of the appropriate certification fee. All professionals accepting this offer will be exempt from the exam and other requirements of IDA certification at the Dyslexia Practitioner and Dyslexia Therapist level.
- Available for graduates in good standing of IDA accredited organizations whose practices align with the IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards and who submit proof of current certification.
- Dyslexia Therapists will pay an introductory certification fee of $270.
- Dyslexia Practitioners will be an introductory certification fee of $220.
- Applications for automatic certification must be submitted by August 31, 2017.
All professionals accepting IDA Dyslexia Practitioner or Dyslexia Therapist certifications must pay the annual certification fees associated with these certifications, must comply with continuing education requirements, and must take the Certification Exam for Effective Reading Instruction (CEERI) every seven years for the purpose of informing continuing education.
The following certifications will entitle the holder to an automatic IDA certification at the Dyslexia Practitioner level.
The following certifications will entitle the holder to an automatic IDA certification at the Dyslexia Therapist level.
Application Process for Currently Certified Professional
DEADLINE FOR THIS SPECIAL ONE TIME OFFER IS AUGUST 31, 2017!
- Download the Automatic Certification Application
- Send application, certification fee and copy of required documentation to IDA (please do not send originals and keep a copy of packet for yourself should we have questions)
40 York Road, 4th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21204
Questions: Please call 443-901-2450 or email IDA’s Certification Department
Please note: Application review may take up to eight weeks.