Dyslexia Day at the Capitol 2022
February 8 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
DDGA organizes an annual Dyslexia Day at the Capitol.
Sign up as a Community Partner for this event: https://myftpupload.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=761e9f6e81be4a450e2657b23&id=7b1aa25c1b
Dyslexia Day 2022 Update 1/7/2022: We are working with our partners in the legislature as well as watching COVID stats and will have a decision in the next two weeks as to whether we will be able to go to the Capitol in person on February 8th or have to again pivot to an online option. Please keep an eye on the Decoding Dyslexia Georgia FB page for updates as they happen.
- Come to the Capitol with students
- Work with students in advance to write/prepare advocacy messages to either present in-person to their legislators or to send letters/emails to them.
- Become a DDGA Community Partner @ http://eepurl.com/bzqKYP
- Sign up to support the event-specific Sign Up Genius we send to our Community Partners in January to help defray the costs of producing Dyslexia Day at the Capitol (e.g., sandwich platters, invitations to legislators, printed materials, etc.)
- Be social! We will specify hashtags to use during Dyslexia Day to share with your social media audience.
- Be buzzy! Let your local newspaper know you’re supporting Dyslexia Day and invite your local education reporter to see how your school supports students with dyslexia!