WILSON LANGUAGE TRAINING – Virtual Instructor-Led Course
December 7 @ 9:00 am - December 9 @ 3:00 pm
The WRS provide an overview of the Wilson Reading System 4th Edition curriculum and serves as the prerequisite for WRS Level I Certification, which makes one eligible for the Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner (W.D.P.) credential.
This course addresses the process of identifying appropriate students; WRS principles of instruction; and an introduction to the systematic, explicit, and integrated instruction in phonology, morphology, and orthography.
The Wilson Reading System® is an intensive (Tier 3) multisensory structured language education (MSLE) program for students in grade 2 and beyond who
have a language-based learning disability, such as dyslexia, or who have not internalized the sound-symbol system for reading and spelling. Based on scientific reading research and Orton-Gillingham principles, WRS is a highly structured remedial program that directly teaches the structure of the English language. (One graduate credit, optional, is available through Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA.)
WRS Introductory Course 2020
Program Hours: 16.5 (3 days)
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Dates: December 7, 8, and 9
• Registration with payment is required before the event and is processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Tuition includes access to training handouts.
• Tuition is fully refundable with notification up to three days prior to the event date. Cancellation within three days prior to the event will be credited toward future professional learning within 12 months.
• This training will NOT be recorded. The registrant must attend the live video conference event and then finish a course assessment within a month in order to be credited with successful completion.
• A confirmation email will be sent with event details.
For questions, please contact Customer Support at 800-899-8454 or 508-368-2399 or email email@example.com