Do you have an interest in writing articles for IDA’s Examiner or Dyslexia Connection? Our bi-monthly e-letters have a subscription base of almost 30,000 and consistently higher-than-industry-standard “open rates.”
We seek well-written, quality content for our mixed audience of educators, parents, people with dyslexia, and various decision makers wrestling with literacy-learning issues. We are especially interested in feature writers who will commit to contributing columns two to four times a year. We’re also looking for book reviewers.
Qualifications We Seek
- Deep knowledge about your subject and a passion for sharing that knowledge
- Talent for conveying complex ideas in an engaging and straightforward manner
- Appreciation of the structure and power of written language
- Understanding of the characteristics of effective writing and presentation
- Ability to work with press deadlines
- Commitment to IDA’s mission
(All IDA writers are volunteer/pro-bono.)
If you are interested, please send a sample article of about 800-1,000 words, a resume or vita, and a cover letter to Denise Douce, Director of Publications and Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2017 International Dyslexia Association (IDA). We encourage sharing of Examiner articles. If portions are cited, please make appropriate reference. Articles may not be reprinted for the purpose of resale. Permission to republish this article is available from email@example.com.