- The Department of Education Dyslexia Guidance Letter to State and Local Education Agencies
- Two new federal laws: 1) The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Center focuses on identifying, developing, and delivering information to educators and parents to better meet the needs of students who may struggle with reading, writing, language processing, comprehension, or executive functioning due to a disability, such as dyslexia; and 2) The READ Act provides funding to the National Science Foundation for research on dyslexia and includes early identification of children with dyslexia, professional development for teachers and administrators of students with dyslexia, curricula and educational tools needed for children with dyslexia, and implementation and scaling of successful models of dyslexia intervention.
- The September 2014 and September 2015 Hearings, by the chairman of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, Congressman Lamar Smith
- The May 2016 HELP Committee Hearing on Dyslexia, sponsored by Senators Cassidy (LA) and Mikulski (MD)
- The Bipartisan Congressional Dyslexia Caucus, co-chaired by Congresswoman Julia Brownley and Congressman Lamar Smith
Copyright © 2016 International Dyslexia Association (IDA). We encourage sharing of Examiner articles. If portions are cited, please make appropriate reference. Articles may not be reprinted for the purpose of resale. Permission to republish this article is available from firstname.lastname@example.org.